[mythtv-users] Status of 0.25

Angela Schmid angela.schmid at wolke7.net
Mon Feb 20 18:45:13 UTC 2012

I have been running Myth since 0.19 and I cannot understand why Myth doesn't use RCs. My experience since is that after the official
release date many people hop in and are confronted with (personal) issues/glitches. Most people will therefore wait till it
stabilizes and start earliest with the -fixes release, several months later. I have been caught several times to be too early.

In my eyes this is not release handling. What I would like to see is some RCs (or also just tags), which main developers have a good
feeling that things work. Even specifying what is still in a WIP, so people can decide themselves. Many early adaptors would hop in
and valuable feedback is given, so that the big release (0.25) is worth the be called a big release and working for the 99.99% (and
not waiting for the fixes release).

Having RCs or well known commit-tags for fallback are invaluable for early adaptors.

I currently have two issues in 24.2, one I figured out and fixed, which I like to share (for 0.25), the other is a phenomenon which
I noticed and want to check with 0.25 code.

Will there be RCs for myth ?
Are there well-know commit-tags (tags) working well for television and video ?

Angela