[mythtv-users] OT: receiver problem

Paul Stillwell bigboi at wackywombats.com
Mon Feb 20 23:31:22 UTC 2012

I'm running Fedora 14 with mythtv 0.24-266. I have an Intel DG45id motherboard with HDMI output hooked to my receiver and my receiver is hooked to my Panasonic TV via HDMI. Everything had been working great until a couple of weeks ago. I came home and the resolution had changed for some reason. I rebooted it and it comes back up at not the correct resolution. It almost looks like it is running 640x480, but when I look at the monitor resolution under System->Monitors it reports 1920x1080. I hooked the HDMI cable that comes from the TV directly into the PC and the resolution is fine so it seems like something with my receiver (a Denon 2808ci).

I tried hacking an xorg.conf file (I don't run with one I let the hardware detect the setup), but that didn't work. I don't know much about what should go in xorg.conf so I could have made a mistake there. I could hook the HDMI from the TV into the PC and then run S/PDIF from the PC to the receiver, but it would be a pain to do. It's nice right now that everything goes through HDMI.

Has anyone else seen anything like this before? Anyone have any suggestions?

Paul