[mythtv-users] missing tv schedules

jameskel at comcast.net jameskel at comcast.net
Tue Feb 21 04:44:19 UTC 2012

Thanks for a great laugh. I'm amused.

The logic here is just silly and it's a slap in the face to all those who devote their time to open source. For a $100 I can have Windows OS and Windows Media Center (and I do. I run two concurent media servers for redundancy). Why are all of you devoting so much time to MythTV? It's only a $100.

Now that this is out of the way, the main question remains. How do I go about diagnosing the problem at hand?

Someone left a crumb; check out dvbsnoop. Thanks.

But how about another alternative, how can I transfer a TV schedule from one station to another? For example, MythTV shows me the tv schedule for NBC-HD but not for NBC-SD. How can I manipulate the sql database to copy NBC-HD (7.1) to NBC-SD (207.1)? Create a symbolic link?

In addition, how about some help delving into the SQL database tables so that I can confirm that there isn't a problem with them.

Someone pointed out that the cable company or the broadcaster may not be transmitting EIT for this station. How can I confirm this? (i'll look into dvbsnoop. is there anything else?)

Also worth noting is that the BE provides several methods for getting tv schedules (datadirect, directv, EIT), all three currently fail to fill in or replace the existing TV schedules. Why don't they work?

Lastly, if you all are saying that this isn't important, then fine. The DEV team should rip out all of these options. But they spent time inserting them and as of v0.25 they haven't decided to yank them out.

All I'm trying to do is learn why they don't work? And if they be fixed or is there a work around.