[mythtv-users] TBS 6980/6981 vs TeVii S480

Andy Sheen sheen.andy at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 21 07:38:51 UTC 2012

Hi Rajil,

I've not got a system which hibernates so can't comment on that, but I
do have a system with the S480 in. I only bought it a week or so ago,
but they have been 100% reliable so far (with one caveat - see below).
I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 and MthTV 0.23.1-fixes and had to download and
compile the liplianin driver set from the instuctions here:
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TeVii_S480

I also had to get the firmware from TeVii:

wget http://www.tevii.com/s2_liplianin_1.tar
tar xvf s2_liplianin_1.tar
cd tevii_s2_liplianin-eb8a914cd499/linux/firmware/
cp dvb-fe-ds3000.fw dvb-usb-s660.fw /lib/firmware/

as that wasn't in the package. The card sprang to life and has been
faultless since. It is supposed to be supported in the 2.6.39 kernel
directly, but I didn't try this.

One point of note though. I had a USB Hauppauge Nova-T DVB stick in.
Typing lsusb with both cards in (although the TeVii is a PCI-e it
appears to the OS as a USB device) locked up lsusb. I was migrating away
from DVB-T and removed the DVB-T device and lsusb worked fine.

Andy

Rajil Saraswat wrote on Mon 20 Feb at 23:12 UK time