[mythtv-users] Problem building RPM's for master

Russell Gower mythtv at thegowers.me.uk
Tue Feb 21 16:42:52 UTC 2012

On 21 Feb 2012, at 16:32, Mark Hutchinson wrote:

> I would like to do the same.  Do you have an automated script to do this?   I would love to know how you do this as I want to build rpms for centos 62

I'm not an expert, but this is all I did to get started (after installing all the build pre-requistits)

mkdir mythtv
cd mythtv
git clone git://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git
git clone git://github.com/MythTV/packaging.git
cd packaging/rpm
./build_myth.sh

All being well packages end up in ~/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64/

R.