[mythtv-users] Metadata in mp4 files

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue Feb 21 18:37:25 UTC 2012

On 2/21/2012 11:38, Michael wrote:
> I was wondering if any work was being done to use the data within mp4
> files if it exists instead of having to pull it from the internet?

The Video Library does not currently support any form of internal
metadata.  It does support loading its own internal grabber format when
stored as an mxml, as well as XBMC's format stored as an nfo.  While
support for reading and writing the internal formats offered by MPEG4
Part 14 and Matroska has been discussed in the past, there is not
currently any work being done to implement it.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_Universal_Metadata_Format
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Nfo#Video_nfo_Files_containing_XML_data