[mythtv-users] Numeric Key-Bindings not working in recent 0.25 MythMusic

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Wed Feb 22 11:29:38 UTC 2012

On 22/02/12 10:56, David Watkins wrote:
> On Monday I upgraded from 0.25[last September] to the current 0.25, to
> take a look at the new MythMusic
>
> The new interface looks interesting, but I'm getting stuck in the
> PlayList window.  The previous command keys 3,4,5 etc which were
> respectiively:
> 'Jump to Music Selection';  Toggle Visualisation; Toggle Blankscreen,
> etc  aren't doing anything.
>
> I've looked at the MythMusic frontend setup, the mythmusic keybindings
> (3 and 4 have disappeared but 5 is still there and assigned to Toggle
> Blank Screen) and I've done a reasonably amount of Googling without
> finding anything except this thread:

In an effort to make Myth more user friendly and more consistent across
all screens using the number keys to access options has gone. Some of
the options could be replaced with user definable key bindings or jump
points if necessary but using the menu to access those options is the
preferred way.

> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/504792?search_string=mythmusic;#504792
>
> ... which mentions
>
>> OK, I think I can confirm that the issue seems to be that none of
>> the menu options in the Listen to Music screen are actually doing
>> anything when selected. The menu disappears, but whatever you
>>  selected does not seem to get applied. Highlighting and selecting
>> a track plays it, but that’s about it. In fact, I even had to
>> change the exit option to “Stop Playing†, because when set
>> to “Prompt†, when I tried to select “Stop playing and
>> exit† or “Continue playing and exit†, nothing happened
>> ....the only way I could get out of music was to hit my Home button.
> but I can't even tell if that's the same issue as I'm having.
>
> So, for exampe, how can I turn on the visualisation?  I can see it
> running in the preview window but can't make it fullscreen.

On any of the music views Menu->Switch View->Full Screen Visualiser.

To change the visualiser on any view that has a visualiser Menu->Change
Visualiser and select the one you want from there.

> Is my particular install broken, do I have to create my own
> keybindings for these functions, or is this Work-In-Progress, and I
> just have to wait?

It's still a Work-In-Progress the 0.25 release has put everything on
hold for the moment. There's a few fixes that I need to look at before
the release but apart from that no new features will be added until 0.25
is done.

> Thanks

Paul H.