[mythtv-users] MythTV Frontend for Android released on Market

Matt S. skd5aner at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 01:38:06 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 8:30 PM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 5:25 PM, Matt S. <skd5aner at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Anyway... since 0.25 will be about in approx 2 months, you'd have some
>> time to work on it, and perhaps and get it ready by release.  One of
>> the mythtv developers took on a side project of creating an iOS app
>> that leverages the API heavily to interact with the backend &
>> frontend, and even stream recordings and videos.  Check out
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/496645#496645 and
>> http://vimeo.com/32063038 for more details.  I'd sure like to see
>> something of equal sorts for android.
>>

> And that developer is now one of the two Torc developers.  I don't
> want to make assumptions, but that would imply to me that he is no
> longer doing development for myth.  Maybe others can speak to it, but
> does that mean this iOS project is dead with respect to myth?

Correct, but probably not a relevant question for this thread.  That
said, the torc developers are aiming to make their "frontend" client
compatible with mythbackend 0.25... it might be a reasonable
assumption that /if/ Robert's iOS app is released as a feature for
torc, that it may likely work with the next release of mythtv as well.
 Basically, the moral of the story is... If it does... it does... if
it doesn't, it doesn't.

... still not really relavent to Fredrik's effort of getting a client
working for android. :-)

Matt