[mythtv-users] MythTV Frontend for Android released on Market

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 03:12:40 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 01:53, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:

> Maybe it would be a good thing if Myth found such a sponsor.

"deep pocket" sponsors (unless you happen to be independently
wealthy, are you?) tend to be those that see a way to make
money on the investment (usually selling support or services).
I suspect it would be hard these days to go to Sand Hill Rd and
find a venture capitalist willing to fund a new company whose
goal was to sell support/services for MythTV, and contribute to
the development (the days of a business plan created on a
napkin over lunch with VCs and funded that afternoon are
long long over).

> Until then, if the community wants the project to be something
> more, then the community should get off its duff and start
> helping to make it happen.

Agreed.