[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend (mythvideo) .25 crashes and timeouts

Phill Wiggin alamar at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 07:25:08 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 2:17 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 8:10 PM, Phill Wiggin <alamar at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes, I'm aware I'm using development code. The response is appreciated,
> the
> > attitude is not.
> >
> > I'm perfectly willing to accept that the code isn't stable/complete, I
> was
> > merely trying to determine whether it was a Myth issue or a problem
> external
> > to Myth.
>

> At the risk of further attitude jibes "top posting"  :-)
>
> Seriously though there have been other posts recently about palyback
> being borked in master. Not sure whether it was here or mythbuntu
> forums.
>
> Sorry if I was a bit abrupt, but I am sick of trying to help people
> who do not appreciate that at present what they think is 0.25 is NOT
> 0.25 and that they expect it to work like released code. Possibly when
> I see your name (which is familiar from this list) and your response
> you know what you are doing so sorry for the jibe.
>
> Anyway, may be a temporary glitch because, as I say, I have seen
> reports of recent breakage, sorry I can't be more specific.

Yeah, sorry about the top-posting (I blame Gmail). I realized it after
hitting 'send'. You'll note that my next reply to this thread wasn't a
top-post. >:}

Most of the search results I found had to do with LiveTV (which works fine
for me).  I suspect I've just got something wonky going on w/ codecs or
maybe a buggy video driver or something (But if anyone has suggestions, I'm
all ears).  Once I get it worked out (or a new .25 commit works it out),
I'll try to remember to update this thread for posterity.

--Phill W.