[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend (mythvideo) .25 crashes and timeouts

Bob K Mertz lists at bibleboy.org
Fri Feb 24 07:25:26 UTC 2012

On 2/24/12 2:20 AM, Bob K Mertz wrote:
> On 2/24/12 2:13 AM, Phill Wiggin wrote:
>>

>> Thanks for the suggestion.  These files are shared via NFS, and HD .mp4s
>> play fine, but smaller, low-rez .avi files are the ones that fail. The
>> frontends are wired (vs. wireless) and had no bandwidth issues with .24.
>>

> That may not be your issue then... I'm really not certain :(  I am using
> a mythbuntu system and I upgraded to 0.25 using the mythbuntu-repos and
> I've had my share of the expected bugs but I've actually had no issues
> with mythvideo at all.  You may want to check your TV playback settings
> in set up on your front end.  I did have an issue with one of my front
> ends because in 0.25 they've deleted some of the profiles.  I can't
> remember if it was CPU++ or CPU- or what exactly I was using but it went
> away and I had all kinds of issues until I adjusted those.

Let me correct myself... it's no longer under TV settings in 0.25.
Under setup go to video and then go to playback.  In there on about the
3rd screen try playing with your "Current Video Playback Profile".  My
system was previously using one of the CPU- or CPU+ profiles that used
to be there but no longer are.  I changed mine to normal when I had the
initial issues and that solved all of my playback woes.  Your mileage
may vary.