[mythtv-users] 0.25 Music

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 10:45:38 UTC 2012

On 24 February 2012 05:55, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I really fail to see the issue here - if you give your music sensible
>> metadata as you rip it, it's there....if you buy from legal sources,
>> it's there...not sure where you've got all this untagged music from?

> Sounds like you're implying that he may have got his music from dubious
> sources. He may have just ripped his own CDs...

... or Vinyl

> I also agree with the other poster's point about playlists. It seems that a
> lot of music players want you to set up playlists before you can play any
> music, whereas you may just want to navigate to a song or album and play it
> without stuffing about with playlists. Hopefully MythMusic in 0.25 lets us
> do that.

Me too - Pre-built playlists don't suit the way I listen to music.

I've only played with the new 0.25 MythMusic for a few minutes but you
can still 'navigate to a song or album and play it without stuffing
about with playlists'.  Well I guess you're creating a current
playlist.  I didn't notice if there was an simple option to clear the
current playlist like there used to be?