[mythtv-users] Master back end without tuners, or Xen or ....

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Feb 24 14:13:44 UTC 2012

Jeppe Nejsum Madsen wrote:

>I have it running on Xen (for a few years now) with no issues.

I ran my old setup as a Xen guest - but it had
significant performance issues (modest powered
machine, single hard drive for everything, ...) I
recently bought an HP Proliant Microserver £140
after cash back offer), but found the HVR1300
would not work (in a guest) if the machine had
more than 8G RAM in it.

In the end I just setup a separate machine fro
Myth - and the two together still only take the
same power as the single older machine, for
vastly superior performance.

--
Simon Hobson