[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime, , Comcast, CableCard, no encrypted channels

Dale Pontius DEPontius at edgehp.net
Fri Feb 24 20:37:54 UTC 2012

On 02/24/2012 02:35 PM, spectro wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 12:29 PM, Dale Pontius <DEPontius at edgehp.net> wrote:
>> 20120224-17:30:53 CableCARD: vchannel 13 (585MHz-9) access = subscribed
>> 20120224-17:30:58 CableCARD: vchannel 13 (585MHz-9) access = not-subscribed
>

> This looks like the same problem I had last Monday. The issue in my
> case was the cablecard was not provisioned with the channel tiers
> correctly. In your HDHR go to CableCard and then the Conditional
> Access CA link (usually the first).
>
> If your Conditional Access Status is "Not Staged" that is your
> problem. Contact your provider and ask to talk to a CableCard tech.
> Have them double check your account.
>
> In my case, they ended up sending a truck with a new cablecard and
> when the tech was talking to central to get it activated they realized
> the card configuration was all messed up on their end.
You're right.  "Status: Not Staged".  Is this what Gary Buhrmaster spoke
of when he said I needed a "hit"?  I also notice on one of the pages I
see "Card OOB Lock: Success" so I presume that's not the problem.  I
also see on one thread reference to a "DAC Init" or possibly a "Grand
Slam Init".  Are those various levels of a "hit"?

I'm also running the 10111025 firmware that came with it.  When I first
powered up it gave a message about loading firmware, so I presumed it
was getting the newest.  I downloaded 20120128 firmware when I began my
installation.  I suppose I can install that and power off the card to
force a reboot, then we'll see.