[mythtv-users] 0.25 Music

Scott & Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Fri Feb 24 22:30:07 UTC 2012

>> I don't think your suggestion of using "Album Artist" will do much with
>> 0.25
>> (I could be very wrong).  The Navigation Tree is pre-filled with
>> categories....All, Album, Artist, Rating.  Also, it may help a little
>> with
>> compilation albums, but it doesn't help much with all the individual
>> songs
>> that my wife has purchased from ITunes that she wants organize "Like X"
>> and
>> all the songs she's bought from Amazon that she want "Like Y".

>I'll admit that I hadn't considered this case - personally I'd
>probably fudge the Genre tag because I never use it anyway.

With directory browsing, I know where everything is, and I don't have to
make up BS metadata (I struggle to even believe this is being suggested as a
"sane" way to organize collections) to have my music fit someone else's idea
of how I should store it....then play it.

No offense, but how is it "sane" to go through and put BS data in metadata
tags just to have it organized the way a simple folder structure does (not
to mention, with a folder structure I can keep accurate metadata...as in
what the metadata is actually for)?