[mythtv-users] 0.25 daily builds currently unstable..needs --noupnp

kenkyee at yahoo.com kenkyee at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 25 03:18:49 UTC 2012

Warning for those of you running 0.25 who missed this like me...it went bad on the 20th apparently.  I upgraded last night and didn't notice my backend was flaked until trying to record something tonight :-P

Symptom is you can't view or record anything using the front end and if you do dmesg, you'll see this in the system logs:
[ 5864.699721] mythbackend[4846] general protection ip:4e65de sp:7fffba294d50 error:0 in mythbackend[400000+19f000]

Workaround for now thanks to Michael Watson from a few days ago is to disable the UPNP server for now by adding--noupnp to the startup line /etc/init/mythtv-backend.conf

Did an upgrade tonight and it's still broken.  Seems to take a bit longer to lock onto HD stations than before too...doesn't display the "locking" progress indicator consistently...