[mythtv-users] CPU for a frontend

dave cunningham ml at upsilon.org.uk
Sat Feb 25 16:15:50 UTC 2012

Hi All,

My current frontend is SD only with an Intel Little Falls board.

This has been fine (if a little slow navigating menus) but I'm now
moving to HD and so it's time to upgrade.

The frontend is and will be fanless in a mCubed case. I'm running on a
PicoPSU type power supply so am quite limited component wise.

Where I am at is GT430 + 4GB RAM + either a G630T or i2100T (+ DVDR,
net-boot).

This frontend will be used exclusively DVB-T/T2/S/S2 FTV in the UK.

Is there any reason as to why I should choose an i2100T over a G630T?
(Conversely a G630T appears to be 50% cheaper than an i2100T here so
that's the way I'm currently leaning).

Thx.
--
Dave Cunningham                                  PGP KEY ID: 0xA78636DC