[mythtv-users] Change fanart?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Feb 25 19:59:03 UTC 2012

On 02/25/2012 06:39 AM, Stefan D wrote:
> I've upgraded to latest master today. And i wonder how do i change
> fanart for a recording/rule? MML found the wrong show, a movie instead
> of a tv series, and downloaded the fanart.
> I've changed the information, adding season and episode number, and
> when i select Find Online Fanart in the Metadata Options screen, the
> right fanart is found. But still the same old wrong fanart is shown in
> the recordings screen.
>
> I've also tried to execute MML with --refresh-all-artwork, but it wont
> change.
>
> What am i doing wrong?

Pretty sure the fanart (and other art) for a recording is stored based
on what the recording rule for that recording said was correct at the
time of the recording--meaning if you had the wrong value when the show
recorded, you now need to update the actual recording's metadata (it's
no longer using information from the rule).

I don't know for sure where/how to change the per-recording metadata,
but I'm assuming it's in Watch Recordings, when you select the recording
and hit MENU (you'll probably see something like, "Edit Recording
Metadata").

Mike