[mythtv-users] Blueray player as a UPnP client with MythTV

lists at glidos.net lists at glidos.net
Sun Feb 26 09:37:02 UTC 2012

R KANNAN <rk111810 at gmail.com> wrote:

All,

I am planning to buy a network enabled Blu ray player as a UPnP client with my Myth backend for playing back recordings on one of the TV. Is there anything I should look for in the player to ensure compatibility? Currently I have an old PlayStation3 connected to the TV for this purpose and it does not play back sub titles possibly because of incompatibility.

Thanks

Highly likely it will be incompatible. I'd suggest restricting your self to ones already known to work by someone here. I can't help you with a recommendation because my Sony doesn't work.