[mythtv-users] MythTV Frontend for Android released on Market

- - fretinvin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 18:20:27 UTC 2012

On 26 February 2012 16:55, Gregory Moyer <moyerg at syphr.com> wrote:

> I just noticed this thread, but if it makes your life any easier, I
> have written an open source pure Java implementation of the MythTV
> protocol. I haven't tried it yet on Dalvik, so I don't know how well
> it works on Android. In theory, it should be OK.

Thank you, I think it will make my life easier (since it turned out to be
kinda hard to support multiple backend versions (db+protocol)). Probably I
should have tested more setups before the release of my application since
it turned out to be unusable for most people. I did not find any java
libraries when I started coding, but now I will test and integrate yours
and see how that works...

> My code is under the Apache 2.0 license, so you can use it without
> sharing your source. However, I'm sure many people would appreciate it
> if you did.

I probably will share the source someday. But, first I want to release a
version that actually works for more than me otherwise it's better to bury
it and forget about it ;)

/Fredrik