[mythtv-users] Upgrad failing from schema 1214 to 1265

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Sun Feb 26 19:17:54 UTC 2012

I am attempting to upgraed a combined FE/BE from an older verions (0.23 I
believe) to latest from atrmps. This also involves an upgrade from older
fedora to fedora 16, which runs Mysql 5.5

The schema updates to 1215, then hangs while updating to 1216. From looking
at the mysqlprocesslist, I see a line:

 4  | mythtv | localhost | mythconverg | Query   | 23   | Waiting for schema
metadata lock | ALTER DATABASE mythconverg DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 |

Is this an sql problem I can work around, or a bug in the current atrpms
packages ?