[mythtv-users] Upgrad failing from schema 1214 to 1265

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Feb 26 20:06:23 UTC 2012

On 26/02/12 19:17, Christopher X. Candreva wrote:

> I am attempting to upgraed a combined FE/BE from an older verions (0.23 I
> believe) to latest from atrmps. This also involves an upgrade from older
> fedora to fedora 16, which runs Mysql 5.5
>
> The schema updates to 1215, then hangs while updating to 1216. From looking
> at the mysqlprocesslist, I see a line:
>
>   4  | mythtv | localhost | mythconverg | Query   | 23   | Waiting for schema
> metadata lock | ALTER DATABASE mythconverg DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 |
>
> Is this an sql problem I can work around, or a bug in the current atrpms
> packages ?

The current ATrpms build is on schema 1264; it dates from November and
I've been running it on CentOS 5, SL6 and F15 without significant
problems.  It looks as if you are trying an upgrade through several
releases of both mysql and Fedora and if it isn't too late a DB dump and
restore would probably have been a good idea.  Without that, maybe try
mysql_upgrade?  Have you looked at /var/log/mysqld.log?

HTH

John P