[mythtv-users] MythTV Frontend for Android released on Market

Mike Chinander chinander at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 17:29:13 UTC 2012

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 9:04 PM, Erik Sejr <esejr at wildroseinternet.ca>wrote:

> Thanks for writing this. I gave it a try on my setup.
>
> Phone was a Bell Motorola Atrix 4G Running android 2.3.6
> MythTV is 0.24-fixes v0.24.2-14-g9743d9c
>
> I was able to get it to connect to the backend OK, I was also able to
> get it to retrieve the list of recorded programs. it would be nice if it
> could sort them as a feature in the future as I have a lot (thousands)
> of recordings. Given the size of the list it loaded in a reasonable
> amount of time, however if I selected a recording nothing happened, I
> waited for about 2-3 minutes.
>
> I also tried the videos button, it starts loading videos, but never
> displays the list and force closes.

I have an AT&T Atrix-4G and my experience is about the same as yours (not
nearly as many recordings though).

Would it be possible to use an external player? VPlayer is supposed to be
hardware accelerated. I've only really tried it on videos that were already
down-converted though, so I'm not sure how well it works with HD content on
this phone.

--Mike