[mythtv-users] Issues with 0.25

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 20:41:11 UTC 2012

On 02/27/2012 09:30 AM, Michael Watson wrote:
> I have the --noupnp added, backend wont start without it.
> 2:0.25.0~master.20120227.1af1aec-0ubuntu0mythbuntu1.  No change.

Hi Michael (and 0.25pre *buntu users with this problem too);

I /think/ this is a upstart issue.

1. Would you be willing to try this again without --noupnp and
    replacing the IFACE!=lo in /etc/init/mythtv-backend.conf with
    IFACE=eth0 ? This assumes that your interface name is eth0
    (use: ifconfig to verify.) I understand this doesn't make
    sense, at least to me, but it works well on my 10.04 box.

2. Also try (and this is *not* a solution, just a test) putting
    a sleep 5 before mythbackend in your .conf file. In my tests,
    with a small program that just gets a socket, binds and then
    listens, the binds fails for about a second. Once this test
    succeeds, then mythbackend starts A-OK.

--
Thanks,

Bill