[mythtv-users] Scheduler interrupts playback

Paul Warren pdw at ex-parrot.com
Tue Feb 28 20:09:53 UTC 2012

I'm experiencing occassional pauses in playback lasting a few seconds.
As far as I can tell they usually coincide with when recordings are
starting or finishing, so I'm guessing it's the scheduler running.

I've found various other threads on this issue, one of which gave the
MySQL query which the scheduler runs.  I've tried running this manually,
but have never managed to trigger the problem, despite the query taking
up to 18 seconds.

Frontend and backend are on different machines, and MySQL and video
files are on different disks in the backend.  I'm running 0.24.

Any suggestions for what might be causing this?

Paul