[mythtv-users] HDPVR blasting problem. No lirc_zilog on CentOS 6.2 STUCK

Mark markhsa at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 22:12:02 UTC 2012

I am simply trying to get the irblaster working on CentOS 6.2.
Modprobe lirc_zilog obviously results in not found as it is not part of
the system.  A locate zilog confirms that.

So I read all the blasting HDPVR info and build the media_build as
recommended:

git clone git://linuxtv.org/media_build.git
cd media_build
./build
su, make install

This also does not result in lirc_zilog being built or installed.
Though, on locate zilog now, I see this:

locate zilog
/home/mark/media_build/linux/drivers/staging/media/lirc/lirc_zilog.c
/home/mark/media_build/v4l/lirc_zilog.c

I am using the lirc rpms here on the system if that makes a difference:
lirc-0.9.0-8.el6.x86_64
lirc-remotes-0.9.0-8.el6.x86_64
lirc-devel-0.9.0-8.el6.x86_64
lirc-libs-0.9.0-8.el6.x86_64
lirc-devices-0.8-4.el6.noarch

So, no further ahead.  I am using kernel 2.6.32-220.4.2.el6.x86_64 on CentOS 6.2.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get this working?  I have the lircd.conf I need I think, just need the blaster working.

Thanks all.