[mythtv-users] Little Off Topic: FreePBX -> Growl Notifications

Scott & Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Sun Jan 1 19:34:27 UTC 2012

>alternatively upgrade to trunk (what will be 0.25) and configure freepbx to
>use http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_0.25#mythmessage???

I installed trunk on my laptop today to play around with this.  The command
line method (mythmessage --message_text=Hello World!) seems to work fine.
However, the url method (which I think will ultimately make sending my
caller id freepbx almost embarrassingly simple) does not seem to work...

http://mythfrontendip:6547/MythFE/Message?text=HelloWorld! just brings up an
error page with some xml in it...

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with
it. The document tree is shown below.
<detail>
<errorCode>401</errorCode>
<errorDescription>Invalid Action</errorDescription>
</detail>

The documentation at this point is essentially non existent.  Can anyone
help me with the puzzle pieces I'm missing?

Thanks