[mythtv-users] Little Off Topic: FreePBX -> Growl Notifications

Scott & Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Mon Jan 2 13:14:22 UTC 2012

>for a PBX type caller ID notification I would have expected you'd want...

>SENDMESSAGE with timeout
>the timeout being used as a catchall incase the following doesnt fire or get received correctly (I presume it is UDP)

>REMOVEMessage a method to remove the message from the display once the phone stops ringing...

>just a suggestion as this would be a fairly normal way of handling this with CTI (computer telephone integration - although many implemetations actually complete screenpop on answer rather than >screenpop on ring - to stop people screening calls and only answering "nice" customers!).

I’d agree with that, though I’m not sure if this is directed to me or Mark, and if the SENDMESSAGE / REMOVEMessage you refer to are just theoretical ideas you’re throwing out there.  In my case, the pbx is for my home phones, so I don’t need to get that advanced and MythMessage with a timeout would suffice.