[mythtv-users] MythTV PIP VDPAU

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 00:45:31 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 4:59 AM, Mark Kendall <mark.kendall at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2 January 2012 01:12, Adam Brown <abrown118321 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am running mythtv 0.24.1 on gentoo with an NVIDIA GeForce 550 TI using
>> the VDPAU High Quality playback profile. I have multiple tuners on the
>> backend. When watching live hdtv the picture looks great. However when I
>> try to activate another hdtv tuner using pip, the pip picture becomes
>> jagged, jumpy and has horizontal lines going across it. I have disabled
>> "Composite" in my xorg.conf but the problem still exists. Any ideas as
>> to how to fix would be appreciated.
>
> It's a known issue (and not just with VDPAU). I still haven't worked
> out what causes it - though I'm pretty confident it's a mythtv issue
> rather than driver/X related.
>
> regards
>
> Mark

right now MythTV only supports decoding one stream with VDPAU, so when
you use PIP the PIP is being decoded by the CPU. I believe work is
moving towards allowing MythTV to use VDPAU for more than one stream
to fix this, but I don't know where that development is at.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!