[mythtv-users] mytharchive - is it supposed to work?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Jan 4 16:17:59 UTC 2012

I'm writing this in response to

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/499997#499997

so it probably won't continue the initial thread.

I use MythArchive regularly, but there are so many potential paths
through it that it is easy to make it fail.  Some submitted patches have
been in limbo for a long time, but there has been a recent commit in
Master that may have remedied the most obvious problem, inversion of the
cutlist.  I'm still using a patched 0.24-fixes, and since that
works-for-me I'm slightly apprehensive about the eventual upgrade.

I won't go over my views on using it again; keep it simple and try one
step at a time.  Create an .iso first, from a short recording.

There's a link here that you can follow if you like.  It may work for
you. Patches to mythburn.py don't have to be compiled and installed.

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9389#comment:15

HTH

John P