[mythtv-users] ramfs for mysql

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 17:14:43 UTC 2012

Hello, I just configure the tmpfs for mysql, I make it with this steps:

mkdir /tmp/mysqltmp
chown mysql:mysql /tmp/mysqltmp

id mysql
uid=110(mysql) gid=117(mysql) groups=117(mysql)

nano /etc/fstab

tmpfs /tmp/mysqltmp tmpfs rw,gid=117,uid=110,size=1G,nr_inodes=10k,mode=0700 0 0

/etc/init.d/mysql stop

nano /etc/mysql/my.cnf

tmpdir=/tmp/mysqltmp/

cp -R /var/lib/mysql /tmp/mysqltmp/
chown -R mysql:mysql /tmp/mysqltmp/mysql/

/etc/init.d/mysql start

Now it is working great, I check the mythweb and it is faster than
before, I am not at home and I can not check the LiveTV speed.

I know that if I power off the system, I will lose all data, how could
I make the mysqldump?

How could I copy all data on system stop and then copy again on system start?

Thanks for your great help, best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano