[mythtv-users] How to get mythtv-buildrebuild.py to work with MythWeb? ; WAS: GetPreviewImage is checking for recording at wrong start time

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 18:05:38 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM, jk90090 <jk90090 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Robert, correct me if I'm wrong, but the mythtv-buildrebuild.py pulls the
> latest tarball from github, specifically to ignore the latest ebuilds
> sitting on github which can be days or weeks outdated.  The script
> currently only seems to work for pulling the latest mythtv tarball (and I
> would guess related packages like mythgallery etc, except mythweb) but
> doesn't work for mythweb.  As such, it creates an out-of-sync condition
> which led to my thinking that I had a defect.  So in one sense, we 'appear'
> to have a 'defect' with the script since I can't effectively update the
> entire system to the latest set of commits with it, while I'll admit on the
> otherhand we have an enhancement request to make the script work with
> mythweb.

The scripts don't touch mythweb at all, they only concern themselves with
MythTV and the plugins themselves.  The author of the script expects you to
simply check out mythweb rather than expect it to be packaged.  The author
of the scripts simply doesn't use Mythweb on gentoo and as such, doesn't
provide any support for updating it with his script.

Further, if you want more up to date mythweb from the existing ebuild
files, users of master are expected to simply edit the hash in the ebuild
and voila, it's up to date.

Robert