[mythtv-users] BEst way to sort satellite channnles in UK

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Jan 5 20:01:00 UTC 2012

Chris Lewis wrote:

>What is the best way of sorting the channels so i get my local ITV
>in channel 3, the correct BBC region etc etc.  I've only ever used
>DVB-T before which obviously doesnt have this problem!

Personally I hate the channel numbering on Freeview - so I wrote the
script which appears at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_editing_script

It's a little work to set it up in the first place, and maintain it
as channels come and go - but you can rescan as often as you like,
run the script, and have your channel lineup exactly as you want it.

>Also I'm new to mailing lists lol I posted about transcoding a few
>days ago but never received any replies despite being able to see
>them on gossamer threads?  Whats the best way of working this thing
>so i can see the replies and quote etc where required.

Chances are your list membership is flagged not to send you mails
that are also sent direct. Ie, if someone hits 'reply to all" and
sends their reply both to the list and directly, the list manage
doesn't send you a second copy. But if the original message doesn't
get to you (perhaps it's been blocked as spam) then you won't get
anything.

Go tot he bottom of the page, put in your email address, and hit
"Unsubscribe or edit options". You'll need your password which should
have been in your list welcome message if you kept it.
Try setting "Avoid duplicate copies of messages?" to No.

--
Simon Hobson