[mythtv-users] HDHR Channel Scanning

Patrick Oglesby octoberblu3 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 15:54:03 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> If you have the budget for it, I strongly recommend the HDHR Prime.
> Problems like this just go away.
>
> Eric

While the HDHR Prime is a fantastic device, the OP's issue is with
local channels.  In some areas, the local channels over Comcast don't
have any CCI info, but may contain other forms of copy protection
which the CableCARD will honor and not allow in MythTV.  While I have
Comcast at home with no issues other than the channels moving, my
father-in-law does have this issue.  We needed to keep all of his DVB
tuners installed to get the local channels in HD.

Moral of the story: the HDHR is great, but not always the magic bullet.

- Patrick