[mythtv-users] 23.976fps choppy playback

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 21:37:42 UTC 2012

Hi

On Sunday, 15 January 2012, Wil <nodenet at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am interested to know when you say you are playing back the original
discs
> if they are older discs or not, as the mythtv wiki states that playback is
> only supported for...
>
> A disc protected by AACS MKB version 10 or lower, and not protected by BD+
>
> Or do you have another way of doing it?

I run anydvd hd on windows 7 in VMware player and export the decrypted BD
via windows share. That share is mounted on the Linux side with mount -t
cifs and I play it via mythavtest. Mythavtest is started from mythfrontend
via a custom entry in the optical disk menu.

It plays fine.

I do occasionally experience a freeze during playback that require to
rewind 10s and play again.

I also sometimes mount the decrypted disk on another fronted end (gigabit
connectivity) and it plays fine just as well.

I haven't had a BD disk that didn't play with this method.

Unfortunately, I can't play BD disks natively any longer. I played a disk
once (dark side of the moon), that invalidated some keys. And none of the
known ones now work. So no more BD playback on Linux for me without anydvd.