[mythtv-users] Hardware and software battles

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jan 20 00:47:10 UTC 2012

<fixed top posting and broken quoting>

On 01/19/2012 02:17 PM, Jeffrey Preston wrote:
> From: Michael T. Dean

>>> Analog scanning should work fine, but it's moot since you should never
>>> do it anyway.  Pull your channel lineup from your Schedules Direct
>>> account.
>> This has a bit more info:
>>
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034
>>
>> It's in a thread where I was explaining how to fix a broken config, but the
>> steps still apply to a new install--or, I'm assuming in your case, a
>> complete Delete all capture cards after a major (card driver version)
>> upgrade and, it seems, a Delete all video sources--maybe because you have
>> different channels/provider from before?  You /did/ restore the old database
>> with your old history, though, right?
> Thanks for the information , but I believe my issue is a bit different.
> LiveTV works until I switch to one of my "other" analog tuners.  That is
> when I have problems, and so far as I know, only on LiveTV.  I don't know if
> it has anything to do with the open bug tracker (here:
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9177) or not.  I have tried the delete
> all capture cards many times while troubleshooting this issue, and it never
> changed the behavior on my analog cards.  This tends to indicate a chronic
> issue somewhere in the code, rather than a configuration misfire, IMHO.

I wasn't saying that's why your channel changes are broken--was simply
saying that describes how to properly get analog channels into MythTV
using Schedules Direct data, since you shouldn't be scanning analog TV
if you're using a listings provider that provides sufficient information
to create channels.

Mike