[mythtv-users] Weird lirc problems

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Jan 20 23:01:06 UTC 2012

On 01/20/2012 10:28 AM, David Watkins wrote:
>> Maybe someone heard, how to disable IR controller arrows (so they are
>> not beeing used by OS), or somehow set them not to use repeat.
>
> It's possible X-Windows is detecting your remote as a keyboard and
> processing [some of] the keys.
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/483001?search_string=lirc%20remote%20repeat;#483001
>
> If this turns out to be the case then, rather than configuring X to
> ignore your remote (as described in the above thread), you might want
> to consider ditching lirc and using a combination of xev and xmodmap
> to map the remainder of your remote's buttons to the keycodes that
> mythtv expects.  I've recently made this switch, and ended up with a
> much more responsive remote.

David, if you have not done so already, could you be prevailed upon to
write up exactly what you did to do this, and put into a wiki page at
mythtv???

Please?

Since this is where a lot of the remote setups are headed. The ir and
devinput setups are already in the kernel; it's getting the remote
mapped which is the great unknown.

Geoff