[mythtv-users] Mythvideo: series suddenly renames itself

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Mon Jan 23 00:00:51 UTC 2012

On 2012-01-22, at 3:45 PM, Robert McNamara wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 12:42 PM, George Nassas <gnassas at mac.com> wrote:
> when starting a live stream without a height argument the stream URLs you get back have 0 in the height position
>
> It's sort of moot, though, as on the first returned streaminfo you don't have anything to play yet-- you need to wait for it to write out at least one stream segment.  At the point where you actually have something to play, the URL will always be correct.

Hmm, the expected usage wasn't obvious to me but maybe because I've never done video streaming before. So the right way is to do the add stream, poll against the returned streamid until there are "enough" segments, and then make use of the URL. I expected the video controller would quietly wait until it had something to play.

Possibly when dimensions are left out the LiveStream methods should return empty URLs until that first segment is written. I can see other people hitting the same issue and filing nuisance bugs.

- George