[mythtv-users] commflag on master very unreliable any more

Bruce Taber b.taber at comcast.net
Mon Jan 23 12:26:14 UTC 2012

On 01/23/2012 07:08 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On 12-01-23 12:15 AM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>> >
>> >  Try rebuilding the seektable with 'mythcommflag --rebuild', and then
>> >  performing a normal commflagging.
> I did that before calling it quits last night.  It didn't change
> anything in regard to the recording I am testing with.  That is, the
> commercial breaks it found both before and after the rebuild were
> exactly the same.
>
> In a comment from robertm in ticket #10278:
>> >  Based on your inability to seek this indicates a potentially broken
>> >  or corrupted seektable.
> I don't and never have had any inability to seek in these files.
>
> Cheers,
> b.

As a point of reference, I've found a problem when running the
optimize_mythdb.pl script to keep the mysql tables in order. I had this
in a cron entry thinking it was checking every day. The problem is on
both my 64 bit machines. My 32 bit machines are fine.

/usr/bin/perl: symbol lookup error:
/usr/local/lib64/perl5/auto/DBI/DBI.so: undefined symbol: Perl_Istack_sp_ptr

It's not much to do with the script but with the Perl installation. Been
trying over the last couple of months to resolve without much luck. So
you might want to check if the database tables haven't gotten checked
and optimized recently.

Bruce