[mythtv-users] Feature request page on wiki

Pieter De Wit pieter at insync.za.net
Mon Jan 23 17:44:09 UTC 2012

<snip>
> I can't find the tickets I'm actually trying to work on/reference as
> originals for duplicate tickets/point out on list/... as it is.  The
> last thing we need is hundreds of new "tickets" for things that aren't
> even bugs.  Our bug tracker is our bug tracker and only that.  (And,
> really, even now, it either needs a good cleanup--like starting over--or
> some much better search capabilities.  It's gotten too large to be
> useful--which is why we're so adamant about discussion /not/ occurring
> on the bug database.)
So perhaps after the 0.25 release "we" can wipe the slate so to speak. I
can't recall that there is a lot of versions to maintain (like .23 and
.24 AND .24-fixes) ? I am also wondering if the current tracker isn't
full of dead wood, like what I saw on the wiki page. If you finding it
hard to keep track of issues, perhaps other devs has fixed them and not
closed the bugs ? Bugs on the new tracker should not be opened with only
a reference to the old tracker. "If it's not in 0.25 it's not a bug"
>>    Easier to manage ? I personally agree with you, imaging me
>> trying to help.....no idea where to start. Perhaps the wiki can be used
>> as a brain dump for the ideas in the bug tracker ?
> I'd be OK with a completely separate tracker for feature
> requests--something like Ubuntu's Brainstorm or whatever--but I have
> enough stuff on my TODO list that I, for one, am very unlikely to ever
> spend any time browsing through it (just like I'm very unlikely to spend
> any time browsing through the wiki page).  That said, we're not likely
> to set up any new services (like Brainstorm) any time soon--since we
> still have to migrate a bunch of services back to our own server (they
> were moved away to allow an upgrade of the underlying distro).
Is there perhaps other work (that takes time away from the devs ?) some
of the users on this list can help out with (other than subscribing to
the list :) - it's a two way street by all means) ? I already proposed
cleaning up/reformatting the wiki page (will get to some of it after
this email)