[mythtv-users] 0.24 upgrade, audio buffer underruns

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 00:59:13 UTC 2012

On 25 January 2012 09:13, James Orr <james.orr7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Message is awaiting moderation on the list due to its size, so forwarding
> you a copy directly.  Hope you don't mind.

I don't see anything special there.

There are a couple things that shouldn't be enabled:

1- Disable the mixer / volume control, you're using digital, it's not useful
2- run the alsamixer application, and make sure the iec958 device isn't muted

what is weird, is that even though you have selected StereoPCM, your
AC3 audio, is decoded then re-encoder. This means some audio
processing is occurring when it shouldn't

For this to happen, you must have set some options that force audio processing.

what option have you set up in the advanced section.
Everything should be unchecked by default. this is the recommended settings

For some weird spdif device, you have a "spdif 48k are override"
option, try it with it checked.
Looking at what the default device report, I would also try to check
the "Force audio device output to 48kHz", because that device only
supports 48kHz

Can you play plain stereo audio, or you never get any audio ever ?

Having tested all this, if it makes no difference, then yes default is
the one to use. It's definitely mapped to a digital device: stereo and
48kHz only.

JY