[mythtv-users] Vaapi use on Sandy Bridge

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jan 28 21:05:50 UTC 2012

On 01/28/2012 02:06 PM, william otten wrote:
> Cocerning debugging, I have attached the gdb and myth files. I ran the
> repeatable test several times. Let me know if further info is needed.

The gdb log seems to be missing any backtrace.  You actually need to
stop the program somehow to get a backtrace--that means either crash it,
or interrupt it (with Ctrl-C) when it's locked up or doing whatever is
wrong, or set a breakpoint in gdb if you know exactly where you want it
to stop.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Debugging#Executing_the_application_under_gdb
"When the application crashes or is terminated, gdb will automatically
output a backtrace to the file |gdb.txt| in the current working
directory. If the MythTV program appears to be locked up and does not
crash, press CTRL-C to create the backtrace file."

(Ctrl-C also applies when it's not locked, but is doing whatever it
shouldn't be doing)

As far as posting the logs, you can either a) post to a site that
doesn't have the file size limits that mailing lists have (such as
dropbox or google docs or some pastebin or something) and then provide a
link in your e-mail or b) compress the files before sending the e-mail.
Ideally, you'll post somewhere else (rather than compressing and sending
as an attachment) where people can access the content without having to
download a file, save it, uncompress it, then open it to look.

Mike