[mythtv-users] MythBackend will not idle with MythFrontend connected

Ray Kinsella raykinsella78 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 21:32:02 UTC 2012

Hi Mark,

Agreed this is a great idea! The problem is that people forget to switch
off the frontend, blocking the ACPI shutdown. Having the frontend quit
after lack of activity would be a perfect, in the interim I am working
around it by killing the frontend at 1am with crontab.

Thanks for the pointer to mythwelcome, looks like it is going to work great.
This isn't enabled out of the box on mythubuntu, so I wasn't aware of it.

Regards,

Ray K