[mythtv-users] MythBackend Suddenly swamping CPU on system

Niklas Brunlid prefect47 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 07:51:14 UTC 2012

On 1 July 2012 19:30, Robert M. Riches Jr. <rm.riches at jacob21819.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 01 Jul 2012 11:07:54 +0200, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
> > Seems to be caused by the leap second insertion which happened overnight
> > (UTC).
>
> At least on my system (backend and frontend on same system), it
> seemed connected to mysqld.  Before I had seen any news about
> the leap second issue, I stopped mythbackend, but mysqld still
> consumed a steady 85% of a LCPU.  After stopping and restarting
> mysqld, it immediately returned to using 85% of a LCPU.  After
> several rounds of stopping and starting mysqld and mythbackend,
> a reboot made everything happy.  Oh, and I didn't think to try
> restarting ntpd with the date set command in between.

Exactly this happened to me, too. Though Firefox showed the same behavior
as mysqld.

Also, while I could start mythfrontend, it responded to one key event in
total over 1-2 minutes but was otherwise frozen.

A reboot solved the problem.

Versions:
distro Fedora 16
mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.24, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1
mythbackend 0.25, Library API : 0.25.20120408-1
kernel  3.3.5-2.fc16.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue May 8 11:24:50 UTC 2012 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

/ Niklas