[mythtv-users] Mythweb .25 "does not exist in any recognized storage group"

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Jul 2 14:17:43 UTC 2012

On 02/07/12 14:40, John Drescher wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 9:31 AM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I believe that subdirectories under the /media directory are intended for
>>> use with removeable storage only e.g. flash drives, therefore they may be
>>> treated differently than other mountpoints.
>>>
>>> Try creating a mountpoint under /mnt, this is where permanent user storage
>>> is often placed. Other possible locations might be under /opt or /srv
>>> depending on your distribution.
>>>

>> In my case all StorageGroups are mounted under /mnt/mythtv
>>

> Hmm. It looks like it was a permissions problem.
>
> I just did
>
> jmd0 mythtv # find . -type d -exec chmod 777 {} \;
>
> in /mnt/mythtv
>
> and I now get prompts on what to do with the download from mythweb.

That will work, and I'm glad you've managed to get further, but you shouldn't
really have had to do that. Giving world read/write/execute permissions leaves a
security hole that someone might find.

In my case, my mounts are /mnt/<hostname>/myth<n> (with a /video subdirectory on
the drives), and the permissions are 775 for user mythtv, group video (to which
the users also belong).

--

Mike Perkins