[mythtv-users] Recording the same program at the same time using 2 different tuners.

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Jul 2 15:00:56 UTC 2012

On 07/02/2012 10:29 AM, John Drescher wrote:
> Is there any good way to record the same program using 2 different
> tuners at the same time on 0.25 fixes? I want to move from my analog
> based pvr500 / DTA to my HDHR prime however only after I have verified
> for a few weeks that the HDHR Prime is as reliable as the pvr500 /
> DTA.

Unless you are in the extremely odd situation of using *exactly* the
same lineup for both, this should not be a problem. If you have only one
lineup at Schedules Direct, then myth treats all of the tuners using the
lineup as equivalent. This is actually unlikely, unless you are still in
'testing'. You will need 2 lineups.

If you have an analog lineup and a digital lineup, each channel should
appear *twice*, unless you differentiate them by *channel name*. Usually
an upgrade to the HDHR level means an upgrade to HD and the channel name
will likely be different. All my OTA channels have an HD added to the
channel name, so that WGRZ on analog cable, and WGRZ-HD on OTA, are two
distinct channels. Use the channel editor if necessary.

So:
2 lineups to separate them by tuner.
Different names to avoid them being confused with each other -> two
listings in the guide.

Then select and set each show to record TWICE.

Watch out for carpel tunnel RSI in your thumb!.

Geoff