[mythtv-users] Required development rpms for compiling MythTV Fedora

Peter Mitchell peterpf_mitchell at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 5 10:26:40 UTC 2012

>________________________________

I guess you guys have the list you need?
Anyway if not I recently upgraded to 0.25.1-fixes based on an FC 16 install and I always build my own using the source. This was a
fresh install using the FC16 livecd to inially install linux and using atrpms to obtain some of the dependencies. The packages I
installed are listed below in the order of installation via
yum install:

Note 1: I would have been installing a few other tools and utilities at the sametime so some packges may be a dependency of
these rather than for mythtv (mplayer, vlc etc...)

Note 2: I tried this with FC17 as well but hit multiple dependency issues betwen atrpms and FC17. I got the impression that
atrpms is currently out of alignment so you might want to look at rmpfusion if installing on FC17 at this time. This was
about a month ago so possibly resolved by now.

Note 3: atrpms appears to pull in QT3 so you will need to switch to QT4

The following is extracted from the notes for my system.

yum install the following:

gcc
libjpeg - not sure if needed
libjpeg-devel
gcc-c++
mingw32-qt-qmake.x86_64
dvb-apps (tools)
w_scan (tools)
v4l-utils (tools)
subversion
git
gtk2-devel
mercurial

Remove alsa-plugins-pulseaudio: yum remove alsa-plugins-pulseaudio

Add the ATRPMS signing key:
rpm --import http://packages.atrpms.net/RPM-GPG-KEY.atrpms
Add ATRPMS Repository using this package from http://packages.atrpms.net/dist/f16/atrpms-repo/
atrpms-repo-16-5.fc16.x86_64.rpm

The above will pull in a lot of packages from ATRPMS.

yum install the following:

alsa-driver (Do we need this??) - cannot install on fc17
alsa-oss (Do we need this??)
alsa-lib-devel

lirc
git
yasm
libmp3lame0
mysql
xmltv
qt4_devel
qtwebkit-devel
mysql-server
qt-mysql
mscore-fonts

for MythArchive burn script:
python-imaging
ffmpeg
dvdauthor
cdw
m2vrequantiser (search fedora 16 M2vRequantiser and install via RPM)

For MythMusic:
libmad
faad2
libcdaudio-devel
cdparanoia-devel
SDL-devel
libvisual-devel
libcdio-devel

For MythVideo:
xvidcore
libdvdcss

for MythArchive burn script:
python-imaging
ffmpeg
dvdauthor
cdw
m2vrequantiser (search fedora 16 M2vRequantiser and install via RPM)

For MythMusic:
libmad
faad2
libcdaudio-devel