[mythtv-users] mythtvsetup can't see dvb cards after kernel update

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Fri Jul 6 10:49:28 UTC 2012

On 06/07/12 08:34, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 7/1/2012 05:09, John Pilkington wrote:
>> Deleting all cards and rescanning is rather a pain, so I haven't tried
>> it.
>
> Rescanning?  Channels are stored against the video source, which is
> completely independent from the tuner cards.  It takes all of a minute
> or two to delete your tuner cards, add them back, and attach the inputs
> back up to the video source.

Yes, when it works.  I just rebooted to f16 3.4.2-1 / nVidia 295.59 /
myth 0.24.3 and did delete all, yes all, cards.  It still doesn't see
any dvb hardware.  Two cards have analog sections which do appear.  I
tried mythtvsetup -v all but didn't see anything that looked more
informative than I've reported before.

Scott Harris sent a 'me too' to the ATrpms list.  Fortunately I can
revert to 3.3.7-1 / nVidia 295.49 and it Just Works.  I rescanned as
well. That _is_ painfree once the correct set of transports is in the DB.

I suppose the problem ought to go to Fedora or linux-media but testing
puts the box effectively out of use.