[mythtv-users] Slightly OT - How many People have Video libraries over 8TB?

Andrew Stadt acstadt at stadt.ca
Fri Jul 6 17:50:13 UTC 2012

On 06/07/2012 1:30 PM, Alexander Fisher wrote:
> It's for that reason I've decided I can't afford to rip Blurays yet.
> Maybe next year if hard disk prices have fully recovered...
> I'm of the opinion that if I can afford 10TB of storage, but not 10TB
> of backup, I can't afford 10TB of storage after all.
I guess it depends on your personal opinion.

Its my opinion that recordings et al are replaceable. If I loose them, I
loose them - excuse the terminology - shit happens. On the other hand,
code, documents, pictures, etc... (basically stuff that I've made
myself, or purchased) have multiple redundancies of backup (stored on a
raid 6 array and the raid itself is backed up).

Cheers,

Andrew.