[mythtv-users] HD-PVR no audio half of the time

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 15:23:54 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 9:04 AM, Steve Johnson <sjohnson29 at hotmail.com>wrote:

> My HD-PVR only records sound about half the time. I've been living with
> this
> for  a long time but now I'm getting to the point that I'd really like to
> find a solution. Not found anything searching so does anyone have a
> solution
> to this problem? I have verified the problem is in the recordings, not the
> playback.
>
> LinHES R7.1
> MythTV Version  :       g31e9528
> MythTV Branch           :       0.24-fixes
> Network Protocol        :       63
> Library API             :       0.24.20110505-1
> QT Version              :       4.7.3
>
> Thanks so much.

Adding a longer sleep to the end of your channel change script should fix
it.  How long depends on your STB, and how long it takes to stabilize on a
new channel.

Alternately, you could try 0.25-fixes, which uses a different technique to
determine when the STB is stable before starting to record.  Note, however,
that one person has found 0.25-fixes to be even worse for them.

John